Who we are
We are Cross Keys Estates Agents Limited (company number 4751841). We are the providers of the website:
This Privacy Notice applies to the use and processing of personal information collected by Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited.
The Data Controller is Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited.
The ICO Registration number of Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited is Z9683144.
Any reference to “You” or “Your” subsequently throughout this document means a user of our Site or any of our services.
- What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- How we use your information.
- How long do we keep your information for?
- How we communicate with you.
- Lawful basis of processing.
- Your statutory rights.
- Cookies and Tracking.
- Security of your personal information.
- Data Transfers.
- Changes to this policy.
1. What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
1.1 Information we collect directly from you
- Full name.
- Full address.
- Email address.
- Contact telephone numbers.
- Full address of property to be marketed (Vendor & Landlord only).
- Financial information such as earnings & outgoings (Tenants only).
- Payment information such as credit card & bank details (Landlords & Tenants only).
- Your identity and address documents to fulfil our Anti Money Laundering obligations.
- Your communication and marketing preferences.
1.2 Information we collect when you visit our website
1.3 Information we collect from Third Parties
Where we are required by law, or for business needs, we will obtain information about you from third parties but only after we have your agreement to do so. For example (but not limited to) the third parties we may need to contact are credit reference agencies, banks, accountants and solicitors in order to obtain references, undertake identity verification and basic criminal record checks and validate your income level and financial history.
2. Who do we share your personal information with?
Where we recommend third party service providers to quote for their products and services(such as conveyancing, mortgage services and utility services) we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request of them. We require them to securely protect information and not to use it for any other purpose. Your permission will be sought and given to us before any of your personal data is passed to any third party.
To effectively manage any sale, purchase or let of a property it may be necessary to share some personal information to third parties. For example (but not limited to): Estate Agency board contractors, other estate agents, Surveying companies, Corporate Clients, building contractors, Property Maintenance contractors, Inventory clerks or Energy Performance Certificate providers. We require them to securely protect information and not to use it for any other purpose.
In the event that a complaint is received by us from you, it may be necessary to share your information with third parties. For example (but not limited to) Solicitor firms and The Property Ombudsman.
3. How we use your information
- To process your registration with us.
- To provide a range of estate agency services for the sale and purchase of a property.
- To provide a full lettings service for tenants, prospective tenants and landlords.
- To provide a full property management services.
- To process payment for our services.
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and compliance.
4. How long do we keep your information for?
We will keep your information for as long is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and so that we can fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations up to a maximum of 6 years from the end of our business relationship.
5. How we communicate with you
We can contact you by telephone, SMS, email or post. You will be asked whether you would like to “opt in” to any of these services when first contact is made with us. Should your preferences change at any point, please contact us on 01752 500099 or 01752 500018 or email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Lawful basis of processing
Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited process your information under any of the following lawful conditions:
- Performance of a Contract – this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering in to a contract.
- Legal Obligation – this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for compliance and legal obligation (eg verification of your identity & fraud prevention.
- Consent – where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent before processing your data. For example, when we ask if you would like Solicitor quotations.
- Legitimate Interests – some information is processed by Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited as part of its legitimate interests which includes network and information security, opting out of communications, direct marketing, web analytics, updating customer details, lettings, sales and other core services provided.
7. Your statutory rights
You have rights with regard to personal information we use and these include the right to:
- 7.1 ask for access to a copy of your personal info we hold about you.
- 7.2 ask us to correct your personal information.
- 7.3 ask us to delete your personal information.
- 7.4 withdraw your consent to use your personal information.
- 7.5 lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If you would prefer not to receive information from Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited you can opt out by contacting us on 01752 500099 or 01752 500018. Alternatively you can email us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you wish to request access to a copy of your personal data, please write to Cross Keys Estate Agents Limited Cherry Tree House 34 Mannamead Road Plymouth PL4 6HR – marked “Formal Data Request”.
8. Cookies and Tracking
To comply with current legislation, a cookie audit has been carried out on this website. This website uses a number of cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work but collect data in an anonymous form.
Where cookies are not essential and store information where you can be personally identified, we will ask for your consent or show you how to opt out, as necessary.
We are of the belief that there is no reason to be unduly concerned over the privacy implications of any of the cookies used by this website, which are listed below for your convenience:-
First Party Cookies
These are specific to and created by this website. In all cases these cookies do not store information of a personal or sensitive nature, or anything that makes you identifiable to us.
Our web server may create a session cookie which is essential to distinguish you from other users whilst on this website. This will expire once you leave the site.
This website uses Google Analytics to understand how users find and use our website, to monitor visitor behaviour and to help us to update and improve the website. Google Analytics creates a number of cookies which we do not deem privacy intrusive.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third Party Cookies
These are created by an external service when you visit our website. The data held can only be seen and managed by the third party and not by us. We do not have control over these cookies, only how they are integrated into this website.
To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.
This website uses embedded Google Maps to assist our customers in locating us and properties for sale or rental. Google Maps creates a number of cookies which we do not deem privacy intrusive.
Companies can use a range of widely-used third party social media plugins (such as from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) to assist in the marketing of their website and business. These plugins may insert cookies over which there is no direct control. If you have any concerns over this please refer to the cookie and privacy policies of the individual third parties concerned.
This website does not currently contain any Social Media plugins other than links to our own Social Media pages and accounts, which do not involve the use of any cookies.
9. How we protect your information
- We store your personal information on our servers where we use security measures to prevent unauthorised electronic access with assistance from our contracted IT company.
- All PC’s are turned off during out of office hours.
- We use password protected Outlook 365 as our email provider with assistance from our contracted IT company.
- Paper records are stored in a secure facility with limited physical access.
- Our physical confidential waste is disposed of on a monthly basis by way of a certificated secure destruction service. This waste is stored in locked containers situated within our offices.
10. Data Transfers
We do not transfer personal information about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. This is because other countries may not have the same date protection laws in which you initially provided the information.
If we need to transfer your information to recipients in other countries we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law and subject to appropriate safeguards and protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
11. Changes to this Policy
We adopt a culture of continuous improvement and review our policies regularly. If we make any significant changes in the way we process your personal information we will make this clear on our website or by contacting you directly.